- Christian: Professing adherence to the teaching of the apostles which centers in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus, the Christ, the Son of the living God.
- Catholic: Professing to be in communion with the One Holy Church of every time and place that has rightly confessed the apostolic teaching.
- Roman Catholic: Professing to be in communion with and subject to the authority of the Bishop of Rome.
- Lutheran: Professing some historic association with the Lutheran Book of Concord. (This is the tragic but realistic evolution of the name as it is used today.)
- Confessional Lutheran: Professing adherence to the Lutheran Book of Concord as “the Scriptures rightly explained” and “the catholic faith rightly preserved.”
Are these adequate/inadequate? What would you change? Keep in mind that I’m looking for simple, objective definitions. The rest of the course will flesh out the content of each.